Tenants Insurance

When you rent an apartment or other unit you should consider purchasing a content policy otherwise known as a tenants package or HO-4.  This policy provides coverage for your contents from fire and theft including personal liabilty coverage.  A minimum policy of $20,000 with a $250 deductible including replacement cost contents and $1,000,000 liability typically runs $200 a year.  You can also obtain account discounts by combining both content and automobile coverage with the same carrier.


Other items to consider when insuring your apartment are valuables such as jewelry, silver, furs, fine-arts, antiques and other valuable collectibles.  These items should be scheduled with agreed value coverage if available.  


Contact Cargill Insurance Agency to learn more on protecting your possessions while you rent.